“Distance learning and broadband access to the world wide web of knowledge and information is the great equalizer. Maybe someday it will even move us towards world peace, environmental balance, and personal fulfillment.”
– Gordon P. Hanson , IT Management Consultant, DOA TEACH
In this competitive era the development and acceptance of “Distance Education” both in the developed and developing countries is growing fast. The reason behind such an acceptance is its flexible approach and user-friendly rationalized technique of education that can provide a visible and viable alternative for everyone who needs to pursue education further to expand his or her horizons of knowledge, to sharpen his or her existing knowledge, to upgrade his or her knowledge, skills and training and thereby, making learning fulfilling experience.
Distance Education in Ahmedabad seeks to provide a new orientation to educational processes. It assumes premises about the nature of learning that are vastly different from that of the traditional conventional system of education. The unique features of distance education are its contact sessions (Doubt Clearing Session) and the preparation of assignments. These contact sessions (Doubt Clearing Session) keep the learner constantly in touch with the counselors and the assignments enable them to correct the flaws in their understanding of the subject, learning outcomes and to reorient themselves. This clearly shows that distance education does not exist in a vacuum. It is in fact, an outcome of certain socio-historical compulsions and technology growth in Distance Education in Ahmedabad.
Vision high into your austerity, perceives your self-confidence and accomplish success through Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Open University.
Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Open University (BAOU), is the only one State Open University of Gujarat (Distance Education in Ahmedabad) established by the Government of Gujarat by the Act No. 14 of 1994 passed by the Gujarat State Legislature and assented by the Governor of Gujarat on 27th July, 1994. It is recognized by University Grants Commission (UGC), Distance Education Council (DEC) and Distance Education Bureau (DEB). The University is located at Ahmedabad and provides best Distance Education in Ahmedabad. The University offers more than 72 programmes and it has more than 250 Learner Support Centres (LSC)/study centers (SC) across Gujarat with around 1,00,000 new enrollments/ admissions every academic year. The University offers courses ranging from Certificate, Diploma, Under Graduate, Post Graduate, and Vocational & Professional to Research Programmes like M.Phil. and Ph.D. It is open to all, irrespective of their classes, castes, creed, religion and age. Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Open University (BAOU) is the best in Distance Education in Ahmedabad and BAOU is the best place in Distance Learning in Ahmedabad where learners can learn through MOOC (Massive Open Online Courses) platform.
The main focus of the Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Open University (BAOU) is to make education affordable to all and impart not about only conceptual skills but skills that can make learners successful. To enhance, enrich and enlighten knowledge of the learners they provide an extensively updated curriculum and course work that keeps student inform about the rapidly changing field of Commerce and Management (School of Commerce & Management), Information Technology (School of Computer Science), Humanities and Social Sciences (School of Humanities & Social Sciences), and Education, distance Education & Education Technology (School of Education, Distance Education & Education Technology) which make them best Distance Learning in Ahmedabad.
–According to letter no EV/II (499)/94/176915-177115, dated 14/1/1994 of Association of Indian Universities, New Delhi. The Degree given by the Open University shall be considered by the other Universities (Distance Education in Ahmedabad).
–In the publication of Government of India, dated 1/3/1995, all the academic degree offered by Open University are valid.
–According to the Letter Number F.No. 1-18/2018 (DEB-1), dated 31.12.2018 of University Grants Commission, New Delhi. The degrees offered by Dr. Baba Saheb Ambedkar Open Universities are recognized by UGC.
Important Features of the University:
- Functioning throughout the State of Gujarat
- Flexibility of Place, Pace and Time for Study
- Student Support Services and State Wide Network
- Use of Modern Education and Communication Technologies
- Provide equal education to people living in rural and remote areas
- Facility of Counselling through live “phone in radio counselling” and “ satellite open and distance learning” , distance learning in Ahmedabad
- For self-study qualitative self-learning material in distance learning in Ahmedabad
- Development of qualitative audio and visual educational material by “State of art” Chaitanya Studio. Broadcasting these materials with the help of internet via “ Swadhyay Radio” and “Swadhyay Television”, one can use these educational materials and information by the means of mobile, tablet, laptop or desktop at any time and at any place.
The university has been awarded following awards, which made them the best Distance Education in Ahmedabad, Distance Learning in Ahmedabad and best Distance Education Center in Ahmedabad:
- Name: CIMA World Education Congress Global Awards Category:
- Innovations in Distance Learning.
- Distance Learning Leadership.
- Best Government Distance Learning University
Authority: Chartered Institute of Management Accountants
- Name: CCI Technology Education Excellence Awards 2015
Category: Best University in Open & Distance Learning/ Satellite or TV or webinar-based Learning systems.
Authority: Gujarat Technological University (GTU) and CMAI (Communication Multimedia Applications Infrastructure) Association of India.
- Name: ICT for Sustainable Development
Category: Best ICT Enabled University
Authority: ICT4SD award was communally organized by ASSCHAM, GESIA, ACM chapter, Green Slice, Perfect Edumedia Pvt. Ltd, CSI, Springer, PayUMoney and Sabar Institute of Technology.
- To every student, the learner support center (LSC) /Study Center (SC) is allocated according to their preference by the University. The Learner’s Support Center (LSC)/Study Center (SC) is a place to provide both academic and administrative support services, such as dissemination of Information, academic counselling, vocational guidance, hands-on-experience, library services, evaluation of assignments, feedback, guidance of project work, organization of seminars, field trips, monitoring, communication with the University, etc.
One of the best Learner Support Centre/Study Centre (Distance Education Center in Ahmedabad) of Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Open University (BAOU) is the Institute of Professional Learning (IPL) located in Kameshwar Education Campus, Jodhpur Cross Road, Satellite, Ahmedabad, Gujarat– 380015. There are various Distance Education Center in Ahmedabad but Institute of Professional Learning (IPL) is one of the best distance education Center in Ahmedabad.
Institute of Professional Learning (Distance Education Center in Ahmedabad) believes education is not merely a skill set, but life changing gift to the learners. To increase, excavate and inculcate knowledge of the learners they provide free coaching to every learner on Saturday and Sunday through Distance Learning in Ahmedabad. They extend their arms to all the learners whenever they wedged in any subject related problem in the field of Information Technology, Social Sciences and Commerce and Management.
To encourage Distance Education in Ahmedabad, Institute of Professional Learning (IPL) also conducts one day workshops; seminars impart learners not about only persistence skills, but skills that can make learners successful in this competitive era.
When it comes to Distance Learning in Ahmedabad there is no compromise at truly committed institution that works towards not just illuminating individuals, but transforming their lives at the Institute of Professional Learning (IPL) the true transformation begins.